10 GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESSFUL BETTING
Sports betting is an extremely difficult occupation and it may take years and definitely a lot of effort to become a successful punter. Truth be told, there are certain rules the bettors take as the most sacred commandments, and never break them. If you want to “tilt the odds” in your favor, read the following betting advice.
Most novice punters make one and the same mistake – they want to get everything at once. They rush into the game hoping to snatch a large sum of money after a couple of bets. It’s a pity to discourage you, but such miracles never happen. Instead of relying on your luck, you’d better collect more information about the sport you lay hopes on, that’s a must! Besides that, you should try to place bets whenever you notice that the oddsmakers have made a mistake in setting the odds. But let’s not limit ourselves to superficial pieces of advice, but instead view all the 10 guidelines for successful betting in detail.
1. The first and most important thing you should keep in mind is never wager on sports if it affects your health badly. If you’re not capable of handling your emotions and you can’t take any failures – you won’t ever succeed in the gambling arena. The sad truth is that you will have to become accustomed to failure, because it’s impossible to win every single bet you place however experienced and lucky you are.
2. If you managed to pass the first point and you still want to make a fortune on sports betting, you should develop a very serious attitude towards this occupation. It can never be your hobby as far as it’s too time and money consuming. If you treat sports betting as a passing fancy, you will end up with an empty bankroll. It would be reasonable to take every bet as an important business deal. You’d never find a successful businessman who goes on signing a deal not knowing anything about the terms, circumstances, the market and so on. So why won’t you follow his wise example and spend more time researching?
3. In you want to succeed in the sports betting arena, you need to specialize in a particular sport. The fact is that you need to have a very deep understanding of what’s happening on the playground in order to be able to predict the possible outcome of the game. You probably know the following saying:”If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.” You will have exactly the same situation if you attempt to bet on each and every sporting event you come across. Remember – the key to success is niche specialization, because the more you know about that particular sport the more chances you have for success.
4. In order to stay afloat in the raging and changeable ocean of sports betting, you should know how to manage your bankroll. You will always be tempted to bet more than the prescribed 3-5% of your total budget. At times you’ll have urges to wager nearly all your money, because your sixth sense will be whispering you that some particular team will definitely win their next match. Never hesitate before shutting down these luring whispers because sooner or later they will lead you to bankruptcy. The golden rule says:”asuccessful punter is a patient punter.” You will increase your winnings gradually, but never at once.
5. Know when to stop without trying to win back your money. This rule belongs to the list of the most important ones as far as the moment a punter starts losing in a row comes. He might choose either the safest way – to stop and take a break – or he might try to regain his money fast and eventually lose everything. If you ever find yourself on that crossroad, don’t think twice before choosing the first option. Gambling and emotions don’t mix, so if you feel that emotions overcome you, it means that it’s time to take a cold shower.
6. The same rule is applied when none of the odds seem to be promising. If you place bets for the sake of betting, you won’t be confused with such a thing and you will go on wagering. However, it radically contradicts the common sense and be sure that such betting won’t bring you any profit or use. Remember what we said at the very beginning of the article? Bet only in case you notice that the oddsmakers “backed up the wrong horse”. Let’s face it, these guys are very good at what they do and it happens quite seldom that they make any mistakes. However, this fact shouldn’t discourage you, because there’s always place for the human factor. Once you’ll find such a miscalculation, you’ll have your jackpot. But for now, take a break and start fresh tomorrow.
7. Take advantage of the attractive incentives offered by the bookmakers. Day by day the competition between the bookies becomes stiffer and stiffer. In order to motivate their clients to sign up at their websites, they offer various bonuses and free bets. Of course, the bets and bonuses are not that free as it may seem, because they can be used only in accordance to certain rules, however it can be a good start up for you. So why not use it to your advantage?
8. As it was mentioned for many times already, sports betting is an extremely difficult occupation which requires tons of time and effort. Since you treat sports betting as a fulltime job, it would be natural to have a vacation from time to time. No matter which way you look at it, but our “sixth sense” has a tendency of becoming blinkered. It means that you need a considerable break from all that is related to sports betting. Take a week or two and have a good rest from all that fuss; focus on something relaxing. It will serve you well, as far as you return to business with recharged batteries.
9. The full-fledged members of the sports betting industry use very specific language in order to communicate with each other. These are various terms and word combinations which outsiders will never fully understand. So it appears quite natural to brush up your vocabulary and learn the language of professional punters. Otherwise you won’t be able to stay afloat for long and your exciting journey will end up too soon.
10. The last and most enjoyable rule is the following: Don’t forget to withdraw your winnings from the bookmaker. The fact is that your bankroll should contain more or less the same amount of money. It would be natural to enlarge it if you have been winning in a long run. However, don’t be tempted to use all the money (including your winnings) in order to bet. You should extract the profit from your bankroll according to your personal schedule.